e-IR Guide to International Politics Academics on Twitter

twitter

With an estimated 200 million users, including some of the world’s most influential people (take a bow President Obama, Bill Gates), Twitter is now an internet phenomenon. During landmark global events – like the Arab Spring or the killing of Osama Bin Laden – it has become an invaluable way of finding breaking news and analysis, and it can facilitate fascinating discussions between the unlikeliest of parties. All of this adds up to a tool with real potential for students and academics. That’s why we’re building a list of top international politics tweeters from universities around the world.

It’s a work in progress, so if you know a Professor or PhD student with a twitter feed that we should be featuring, then send us an email (subject: Submit Twitter). As we find and add top academics we’ll let our followers know via @e_IR, and if you’d like to simply follow the entire list – then you can.

Tags: