Now Recruiting: Student Features Editorial Assistant

Role:
Editorial Assistants for Student Features commission and curate scholarly publication on international relations and student life for recent high school graduates and university entrants. Applicants should be able to volunteer at least five hours per week for this role.

Tasks:
Editorial Assistants decide either independently or as part of a team on topics of interest to our readership. They research potential authors, curate, and coordinate with contributors and the team leader throughout the entire process, and prepare the final piece for publication. The role further involves researching audio-visual content and integrating it with written content.

Skills:
Student Features Editorial Assistants need to bring critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills. Solid English language skills at home in an analytical mind are key, as the role requires often extensive editing. Applicants should have experience with and access to MS WORD.

Experience:
This is an entry-level role and does not require previous experience. No university degree is necessary, but applicants should have graduated from high school or equivalent, or recently started their university life, and be familiar with scholarly publications.

How to apply:
Please send an email to join@e-ir.info with subject line ‘Student Features Editorial Assistant’.
Please attach a writing sample, and tell us in that Email in no more than 300 words:

1) Why you think you are suitable for this role;
2) About your educational past/present/future;
3) What E-IR can do better in the Student Features section and how you think you can contribute.

We aim respond to anyone that catches our eye within 10 working days of receipt of your application, though at busy times it can take longer. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive, we cannot reply to candidates that we do not shortlist.

Tags: , ,