Now Recruiting: Gender/Sexuality Editors

Are you pursuing a Master’s, Ph.D or academic research concerned with the study of gender, feminism, or queer theory? If so, we invite you to join our editorial team to help E-International Relations (E-IR) pioneer coverage in these areas. The role involves using your expertise to identify prospective authors to write for the website, not just leading experts but also promising new entrants. Ideally, this would be targeted into sets of articles on related themes – or into an open access Edited Collection. As those pieces arrive, you will work with the author to prepare them for publication. The role is an exciting opportunity to network with scholars, and may serve as a pathway into senior editorial positions at E-IR.

E-IR is a registered non-profit organisation and run by an all-volunteer team. Our volunteers devote some of their spare time simply because they want to participate in maintaining the best online resource for students and scholars of international politics. Many of our former editors have built on their experience to go on to senior positions in the publishing industry, politics, and academia. You do not need to physically attend a place of work to volunteer with us, you just need your own computer with the usual software (especially Microsoft Office) and a reliable internet connection. You also need to be the type of person who checks their email regularly and probably spends too much time on their computer / mobile device!

Please consider the application requirements listed below carefully. Also, you should familiarise yourself with E-IR’s purpose by reading our About section.

1) We typically seek applications from Master’s, Ph.D students, or early career academics.

2) We welcome those in politics/IR specialities – but we are keen to also look beyond as we desire a broad range of expertise from across the humanities and social sciences to be represented on the website.

3) You should have at least 5 hours a week to spare and be able to commit to the role for at least 6 months (hopefully longer). We anticipate your level of engagement will vary due to academic pressures, so be reassured that our work ethic is highly flexible – built to accommodate academic life.

4) You must have strong English language skills – as you will need to assist in editing material for the website.

To apply, send us an email titled ‘Gender Editor’ to join@e-ir.info

Within that email – in less than 500 words:

1) Tell us what we need to know about your academic past/future/publications and so on.

2) Identify areas that should be explored in a series of articles for the website, and explain where and how you can help us improve our coverage of gender and sexuality content. Please be exact and avoid generality. The more direct, the better.

3) Attach an academic writing sample and link your academic website if you have one.

*The position will remain open for applications until October 19th!*

Tags: , ,