Call for Contributors – Decolonizing Politics and Theories from the Abya Yala

Political Science (POSC) and International Relations (IR) are disciplines that have historically been western-centered, including the theories, methodologies and approaches that are used and discussed; coloniality of knowledge is still a pervasive reality in both POSC and IR. The forthcoming book Decolonizing Politics and Theories from the Abya Yala, edited by Fernando David Márquez Duarte and Victor Alejandro Espinoza Valle, is a space for Latin American and Latinx scholars to share their thinking, research, analysis, and insights with a critical and decolonial approach that is based in Latin American thinking. It will be published as an open access ebook, and also on sale worldwide in print, by E-International Relations.

Abstracts

We welcome abstracts for chapters based on theoretical discussions, case studies, comparative studies, ethnography, and participatory action research from scholars, researchers, activists, and advanced graduate students from Latin America or that identify as latinx of the disciplines of Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Anthropology, Philosophy, History, Ethnic studies, Cultural & Intercultural studies, just to mention a few – as well as interdisciplinary studies.

Abstracts are welcome on the following topics, focused in the study of Latin America:

• Indigenous Politics
  • Critical Development studies
  • Transnational Migration
  • Environmental Politics & Justice
  • Critical Race studies
  • Feminism & Gender studies
  • Labor studies
  • Critical & Decolonial Theory in POSC
  • Critical & Decolonial Theory in IR
  • Political & Citizen Participation
  • Social Movements
  • Public Health Global Crisis & COVID-19
  • Critical Geopolitics
  • Violence & Necropolitics

Submission details

If you would like to have a chapter in the book, please send an abstract of no more than 250 words, mentioning any Latin American authors you will use in your chapter, to Fernando David Márquez Duarte and Victor Alejandro Espinoza Valle at fdmdj@hotmail.com and victorae@colef.mx. Please title your email: “Submission to Decolonial Book” and note, deadline for abstracts is April 10, 2021. Please include short biographies of each author (no more than 200 words) as part of your email. Previously published papers and works will not be considered.

If your abstract is approved, you will be asked to send in the final paper by July 4, 2021. Final contributions, if accepted, are expected to be between 4500–7000 words (including references), and written in English.