Thinking Global Podcast – The Laid-Back Book Club (Ep.3)

On this week’s episode of the Thinking Global podcast, members of the E-International Relations podcast team speak about what they have been reading lately, as part of our ‘Laid-Back Book Club’ series. Here, Thinking Global’s very own Romanos Orpheas Tofis (@rmnorph) and Edward Curry (⁠@edwarddcurry5⁠) chat with Kieran (⁠@kieranjomeara⁠) about what they have been reading. If you are looking to join the podcast team as an Editorial Assistant, check out our recruitment page.

Edward Curry discusses Water: Asia’s New Battleground by Brahma Chellaney. Romanos Orpheas Tofis explores his thoughts on Anne Applebaum’s Red Famine: Stalin’s War on Ukraine. And, lastly, Kieran chats about Conspiracy and Power by Donatella Di Cesare, Queer International Relations by Cynthia Webber, and Richard Ned Lebow’s The Quest For Knowledge in International Relations.

Finally, this week we have our second Open Letter Challenge. The question for this challenge is: How can just and unjust humanitarian intervention be distinguished? The best entry will be read out on next week’s episode. Just email your answers of no more than 300 words to: thinkingglobal.eir@gmail.com.

Alongside that, we always enjoy hearing from you! Which Thinking Global Podcast episodes have you been listening to? Which articles on E-International Relations have you enjoyed reading? What are you currently publishing on? Send us your letters to the email address above and have them read out on the podcast! If you enjoy the output of E-International Relations, please consider a ⁠donation⁠.

Thinking Global is also available on all other major podcast platforms.

Edward Curry, Romanos Orpheas Tofis